Other uses for mixture:
Instructions to clean mold plus:
1. Remove foam cores from the vinyl encasement by opening hidden zippers in hinge area.
NOTE: Do Not puncture or scuff the plastic vapor barrier surrounding the foam inserts.
2. Mix two gallons of water, a teaspoon of mild hand dishwashing soap like Dawn and one cup of bleach in a bucket to create solution.
3. With a soft bristle brush, scrub the outside of the encasement thoroughly with mixed cleaner, let it sit and re apply mix in problem areas as needed.
4. Hose off with water and turn the vinyl encasement inside out, repeat cleaning process.
5. Wipe down foam cores with a wash cloth and mixed solution.
6. Rinse both well and stand cores up to dry..
7. Place the encasement in the sun and foam cores in the shade to dry. Do Not put foam cores in the sun, they will melt!
8. Once everything is dry, spray the foam cores and inside the vinyl encasement with a mildew inhibitor like Pine Sol®.
9. Allow everything to dry completely.
11. Spray exterior only vinyl with a U.V. inhibiting type automotive vinyl sealer to repel sun damage and staining.
Note: Make sure to maintain proper water chemistry to avoid mildew from returning.
Following these guidelines is a recommendation by our experience with cleaning covers for spas and hot tubs. Please read this link: Spa Tec's Web Site Information and Directions Disclaimer before proceeding with alterations to these directions.